Supposedly true excerpts of kids’ Sunday School letters to God.
- In Sunday School they told us what you do. Who does it when you are on vacation?
- How did you know you were God?
- I read the Bible. What does begat mean? Nobody will tell me. Love, Allison
- On Halloween I am going to wear a Devil’s costume, is that all right with you?
- Are you really invisible or is that just a trick?
- Is it true my father won’t get into Heaven if he uses his bowling words in the house?
- Did you mean for giraffe to look like that or was it an accident?
- Who draws the lines around the countries?
- Do animals get to use you too or is there someone else for them?
- I went to this wedding and they kissed right in the church … is that OK?
- I like the Lord’s Prayer the best of all. Did you have to write it a lot or did you get it right the first time? I have to write everything I ever write over again.
- God, it’s OK that you made different religions but don’t you get mixed up sometimes?
- Did they really talk that fancy in Bible times?
- I would like to know why all the things you said are in red?
- Is Reverend Coe a friend of yours or do you just know him through the business?
- Did you really mean do unto others as they do unto you, because if you did then I’m going to fix my brother.
- My grandpa says you were around when he was a little boy. How far back DO you go?
- I know all about where babies come from. I think. From inside mommies and daddies put them there. Where are they before that? Do you have them in Heaven? How do they get down here? Do you have to take care of them all first? Please answer all my questions…I always think of you. Yours Truly, Susan
- Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy.
- Please put another holiday between Christmas and Easter. There is nothing good in there now.
- Why is Sunday School on Sunday? I thought it was suppose to be our day of rest.
- I wish you would not make it so easy for people to come apart. I had 3 stitches and a shot.
- If we come back as something, please don’t let me be Jennifer Horton, because I hate her. Thank You. Love, Denise
- Please send Dennis Clark to a different camp this year.
- Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother.
- I want to be just like my Daddy when I get big but not with so much hair all over.
- I keep waiting for Spring but it never comes yet. Please don’t forget.
- I think the stapler is on of your greatest inventions.
- I bet it is very hard for you to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it.
- Of all the people who work for you, I like Peter and John the best.
- My brother told me about being born but it sure doesn’t sound right.
- If you watch in church on Sunday, I will show you my new shoes.
- I like the story about Chanuka the best of all of them. You really made up some good ones!!
- I would like to live for 900 years like the guy in the bible.
- We read Thomas Edison made light. But in Sunday school they said you did it. So, I bet he stole your idea.
- If you would of let the dinosaurs not extinct we would not have a country…I think you did the right thing.
- It is great the way you always get the stars in the Right places.
Gary has been a writer/ photographer for over 20 years, specializing in nature,landscapes and studying native cultures.Besides visiting most of the United States, he has traveled to such places as Egypt,the Canary Islands,much of the Caribbean. He has studied the Mayan Cultures in Central America, and the Australian Aboriginal way of life.Photography has given him the opportunity to observe life in many different parts of the world!
He has published several books about the various cultures he has observed.
For more information and a link to his hard cover and Ebooks,and contact information: please check his website.www.commonsensejourneys.com
Your comments appreciated
The Wisdom of our Ancestors